Creative Director Content Studio
Alldayeverday is looking for a Creative Director to lead our Content Studio. This person will head the department (reporting directly to the Managing Director), guiding the creation of all editorially driven content from ideation to completion.
As second in command within the department reporting to the Managing Director, the Creative Director will lead a team of content directors, writers, producers, and art directors. S/he is responsible for their work, as well as the growth, development and culture of the team.
We are looking for a strong conceptual thinker who has a deep appreciation for the Alldayeveryday aesthetic (see our body of work), shares Allday’s ambitious and entrepreneurial nature, and is passionate about generating ideas and content that blend art and commerce to move culture forward.
• Oversee and be responsible for all creative work that leaves the Alldayeveryday content studio.
• Lead an integrated team of strategy, content, writers, producers and art directors on translating marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and compelling content for clients, from ideation to completion.
• Act as thought leader and quality control on all work across each aspects of the idea - writing, art direction, and core concept; edit anything less than great into greatness.
• Act as the face and voice of the creative department to clients and creative partners.
• Act as the key member of the Studio’s new business team, vetting opportunities and participating in pitches and new business activities as needed.
• Lead the establishment of a strong, collaborative and inspired department. This could include hosting weekly team check-ins and team building activities, finding and hosting staff training and education on relevant areas of growth, participating in 1x1 check-ins and reviews, as well as generally working to cultivate and mentor the team.
• Work with the Studio leadership team to staff the department in short, medium and long term needs, including full-time hires and freelancers.
• Work with the Studio leadership team to build internal systems that consistently produce high-quality, industry-leading work, as well as institutionalize new products, processes and frameworks that make the Studio more competitive.
• As needed, contribute to Alldayeveryday original brand building initiatives.
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
• 10+ years of relevant experience that has resulted in a compelling body of work
• Experience in an advertising agency environment
• Strong concept thinker with considerable content (video, print) experience
• Intimate understanding of brand building, marketing and advertising
• Leadership ability with experience managing creative teams